These are the main points I grasped from the interview:
- It's a bad time to be a PS3 owner Valve are not actively looking at improving their PS3 products
- Episode 3 is a long way away Unless they're just saving up their hype for L4D2 right now
- Left 4 Dead 2 well... I'd like to give Valve the benefit of the doubt. But I still don't understand why this is a dully fledged sequel?
- Free DLC for PC owners for the first Left 4 Dead, but Xbox360 owners will have to "pay a small fee". It's easy to go "nerr nerr!" at xbox owners but we shouldn't. It's not exactly equal now is it?
- Geoff Keighley seems a nice enough guy but he's got way too much energy for me to cope with in these vids!
- Email Gabe Newell! and tell him what you want to see sequel-wise next (portal 2, you know it makes sense!)
I can't help wondering if the DLC for Left4Dead would have come out if the Boycott group had not emerged. It seems strange that it wasn't mentioned before - but again I really really want to believe in Valve.
I certainly don't think people should get as angry about it as they are. I have to admit I was a little frustrated at first but I think there's too much of "Meet my demands or I won't buy anything again" and even more of "Boycotters are idiots" going around at the moment.
If you don't want to buy it then don't, and why get angry if others are boycotting it? It makes no sense to me.
Anyway, it makes for iteresting watching: